One of our volunteers making gift bags
Volunteer serving cake at a facility on Memorial Day
Volunteers are a critical part of our team. They provide compassionate care for our patients facing the end of life, as well as personal support for their families.
Come join us! Be part of our special team of Texas Hospice volunteers. We care for our patients in the place they call home - private residence, skilled nursing facility, assisted living facility, or other inpatient setting. Now serving Dallas, Ft. Worth, San Antonio, and surrounding areas.
Volunteer News Flash! We're looking for Volunteers for our Dallas area patients in May 2013 and going forward.
Please come join us and help with any amount of time you can offer. Call us at 866-770-7773 and ask about our Volunteer programs. You can also reach us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Below are some of our other great volunteer opportunities:
- Direct Patient Care
- Sitting with patients
- Reading or singing to patients
- Grocery shopping or running errands
- Hair styling
- Writing letters or mailing cards
- Bereavement Support
- Making phone calls to grieving families
- Writing letters to families
- Sending care packages
- Answering phones
- Special Needs
- Scrapbooking, quilting
- Set up for memorial service and staff and volunteer appreciation events
- Speaking engagements
- Health fairs
- Internships and externships coordinated with local colleges and universities
- Social work
- Medical assistant
- Specific trade programs
11th Hour Volunteers
Based on the belief that no one should die alone, 11th hour volunteers stay with patients whose death is imminent and who are without the presence of loved ones. During a patient's last days and hours, volunteers can uniquely enhance the care given by staff, providing bedside vigil and emotional and spiritual support. Special training provided.
How to become a Texas Hospice volunteer:
- Complete Volunteer Interest Questionnaire and application packet
- Reference and background checks, as well as drug test and TB screening for volunteers with direct patient contact
- Complete hospice volunteer training and orientation
Although volunteers with special education and training are always welcome, the main qualities we look for in volunteers are compassion, dependability, commitment, and the ability to maintain professional boundaries and confidentiality.
To get started or for more information:
- In Dallas/Ft. Worth call 866-770-7773
- In San Antonio call 210-314-4629
- Email us email@example.com